This Veal Loin Salad with Blue Cheese Crumbles is the perfect combination of healthy, light and fresh for those of you wanting a salad, but still want some nutrient dense veal on your plate!
- Category: Veal Recipes
- 2 pounds lbs Veal Loin or Sirloin Steaks
- 1 tablespoon season salt - your favorite
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Arugula
- 1/2 bunch Radishes, sliced
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in half
- 1 Cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 ounces Point Reyes Farmstead Original Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper both sides of chops or steaks and set aside to come to room temperature. Heat a large heavy pan or cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sear chops or steaks for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare steak. Remove and set aside to rest.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, arugula, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Mix well. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle oil and vinegar mixture over salad mixture toss until well-coated.
- Slice chops or steaks against the grain into 1/4″ thick strips. Place on top of salad and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy your healthy dinner.