Salsicce al Vino – Sausages in Wine, is a true family friend here in our home!
Fresh thyme gives this savory Italian recipe the perfect Tuscany earthiness it deserves. The velvety texture and fragile flavor of both our Veal and Goat Sausages are delicious backed up by the white wine sauce.
Be prepared for some flavor explosions with this recipe!
- Category: Goat Recipes, Veal Recipes
- 1 package Rossotti Ranch Veal or Goat Sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Place the sausages in a heavy pan with the olive oil and set over medium heat.
- Lightly brown the sausages on all sides.
- Scatter over the shallots and cook for a minute or so, then add all other ingredients except for the butter and parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the sausages are tight and tender.
- Check from time to time that the liquid has not completely evaporated. There should be enough left to make a sauce with.
- Lift out the sausage, drop in the cold butter and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Scatter parsley into sauce and serve over the sausages while hot.
- Serve these delicious wine braised sausages with saffron risotto Milanese, freshly homemade creamy polenta, or mashed potatoes!