We’re always looking for ways to make our regular meals into nutrient dense powerhouses! These meatballs are the prime example if how you can transform a family favorite into something that not only tastes amazing but also packs a hidden superfood punch!
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound liver (veal, goat or chicken)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Over medium heat, saute onions, garlic & mushrooms in butter until soft. remove from heat and let cool.
- Puree liver in a food processor, until smooth
- combine liver, sautéed onion mixture, and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, using your hands to mix well.
- Shape meat into meatballs. Any size you prefer.
- Bake meatballs until cooked all the way through or an internal temp of 160 degrees F (about 30 minutes). Rotate them a few times during baking so they don't develop flat spots.
- Serve meatballs as desired, with or without sauce.