This quick, easy dinner-party dish is delicious served with buttered tagliatelle pasta and lightly steamed green vegetables.
- Category: Veal Recipes
- 4 veal cutlets
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Marsala or medium dry sherry
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Season the flour with salt & pepper and use to dust the veal cutlets, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the shallot and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the cutlets and cook over high heat for about 1½ minutes on each side. Pour the Marsala or sherry and cook until reduced by half.
- Use a spatula to remove the veal cutlets from the pan. Stir the crème fraîche, tarragon and seasoning into the juices remaining in the pan and simmer gently for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce is thick and creamy. If the sauce seems to be too thick, add 2 tbl water.
- Return the cutlets to the pan and heat through for 1 minute before serving.