- Category: Duck and Chicken Recipes
- 1 whole chicken, 4-5lbs
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- favorite root vegetables
- Let chicken sit in room temperature for at least one hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Sprinkle large pinches of sea salt and pepper inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Add half of the lemon and half of the head of garlic into the cavity as well.
- Plug the cavity with the remaining half of lemon. Tie the drumbsticks together with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on the entire outside of the chicken.
- Cover the bottom of your roasting pan with your favorite root vegetables. Add the remaining half head of garlic to the pan as well.
- Put the chicken into the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 400F for an additional 45 minutes. Cook until the internal temp reaches 160F.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the root vegetables.